Ariannah's Knitting Journey

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sport weight socks

This is a sock I just made up. One thing I lack, is the imagination to make up "names" for designs I compose myself, and this is one of those times. The pattern is very easy and probably not very profound, a 2x2 knit purl ribbing, followed by a couple of rows of plain purling, and generic heel and toe :) Given that it was sport weight, it didn't take too long to make. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. It's for my husband. (Click on it to see better detail).

Anyway, the yarn is Opal Gems sport weight, Clover Bamboo double pointed needles size 3.25 mm, 18 cm in length (7"). As you can see, the mate is on the way.

Today is one of those beautiful spring days, and wound up putting my needles down for a little while to stretch my legs and get some fresh air.

Stay tuned, next on my list of things to blog - is my lacy knitting with some of my lace weight alpaca - I'm loving it!

6 Comments:

  • Very nice! and I like the color. I am about to knit my husband a pair of socks-black because he is in the military-and he is only allowing me to make him a pair because about 10 men we know said that I could knit them some if he didn't want any. LOL But this green would look great on him.

    By Blogger Rachael, at April 23, 2006 1:57 PM  

  • Oh, love the green socks. The pattern on the leg is really pretty!

    By Anonymous Sherie, at April 23, 2006 3:20 PM  

  • love this shade of green . Good looking socks!

    By Blogger colin, at April 23, 2006 5:45 PM  

  • I love the ribbing on the socks. Did you do 2 rows of 2x2 and 2 rows of purl?

    By Blogger Catty Contessa, at April 24, 2006 9:57 AM  

  • I am amazed with 5 children you find the time to knit! I love that pattern though. Where do you get your dpn bamboo needles? I'm in Dartmouth and have had difficulty finding a pair. I'd rather buy locally than go on line if possible.

    By Blogger Kelly, at April 25, 2006 12:07 PM  

  • Awesome sock! It looks great and I'm sure your husband will love it.

    Can't wait to see your alpaca lace!

    By Blogger Katie, at May 06, 2006 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home