Ariannah's Knitting Journey

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Playing Catch-up


Wow, long time no blog... I suppose it's time to catch up on a few things. I've made a pair of socks and have one pair on the way. Here is my most recent venture. I am a toe-up convert. I used the Turkish Cast-on using worsted weight Patons Classic merino. This is the start of the Star Toe increase. The needles I used were 3.25 mm circulars for the Turkish cast-on, then I switched to my Clover bamboo double-pointed needles.

I then knit to the point of the heel and used a double wrap short row heel. As you can see, the sock itself is nothing fancy, but it is very comfy and I am happy with the results.

1 Comments:

  • Very nice sockies!

    I really want to learn to knit toe up socks since the two socks I have knit to date have ended up with quite pointy toes. I'm a little scared though - not sure why!

    By Blogger meegiemoo, at May 25, 2006 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home