Ariannah's Knitting Journey

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Gaspereau Valley Fibres at last!

If you live in Nova Scotia, and are into yarn crafts, they say you have to visit Gaspereau Valley Fibres. This weekend I finally got that long-awaited opportunity. DH and I were able to take a day trip to Wolfville with the family, and this was one of the stops.

Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted by Brenda, and she showed us around the whole store, and patiently showed our children how she spins yarn. Our daughter got to spin a couple of meters worth and take it home.

In spite of having previously seen photos of this wonderful yarn shop on other people's blogs, I was unprepared for how big it actually is.

My husband took some more shots from different angles...




I had a hard time deciding on anything, as I was so overwhelmed with the immense variety of yarn. The picture below represents only one of the many shelves of yarn this place has.


While I was fondling all the yarn, my children were taken with the sheep, and pet them. The sheep seemed to enjoy all the attention:


After windowshopping practically the whole store, and imagining driving home with a vanload of yarn, I finally made my decision and bought this yarn:


I am looking forward to knitting with this. The trip was very much worth it. We also took a side trip to Oaklawn Farm Zoo. I had never been to a zoo in my life (that I can remember) - and I am 39. It was one of the best days this summer.

3 Comments:

  • *Very* cool to have a place like that in day-tripping distance. I'm not sure what I'm more shocked at though, your shopping restraint, or the fact that there's a colour other than blue or purple there!!!

    By Blogger Nicole, at August 08, 2006 10:03 AM  

  • Gaspereau valley fibres is one of my favourite yarn stores. When Steph, Jen and I were there, we contemplated jumping naked into the bathtub full of fibre locks and rolling around in them.

    We decided that was probably an unhygenic and rude thing to do and just bought some yarn instead.

    By Blogger Moe, at August 12, 2006 10:37 AM  

  • Sounds like you had a good time over there. A little bit too far away for me though - I wish they had yarn festivals here...LOL!

    By Blogger Breien in Lansingerland, at August 13, 2006 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home