Ariannah's Knitting Journey

Monday, August 14, 2006

Socks from the road trip...

Yarn: Opal Gems sport weight, 2 skeins
Needles: Kertzer Collection 2.75mm bamboo needles
Pattern: My own
Recipient: My husband.
Gauge: 7 stitches per inch.
Level difficulty: easy.

Socks from the Road Trip is a variation of the basic sock patterns knit from the top down. The stitch repeat I used for the leg is k5, p2, k5 per needle (48 stitches). This centers it in the front of the leg.
I will write out the whole pattern when I have more time, and post a link on the side of the blog.

I was able to make this so that even knit from the top down, as these were, I used one entire skein per sock, from the casting on, to the kitchenering of the toes. Given my relaxed knitting style, I likely could have achieved the same gauge on 2.5mm needles, but didn't have any handy at the time I started. I did have to knit fairly tightly, but the end result is worth it, as my husband says they're a perfect fit for his US size 7 foot.

3 Comments:

  • Everything here is beautiful. I've been wondering what size needles to use for sport weight yarn. Now I know!
    Thanks for the inspiring site.

    By Blogger Betty, at August 15, 2006 7:39 AM  

  • I like your variation on the cuff of the sock pattern. The mosiac sock is gorgeous also!

    By Blogger Lori H, at August 15, 2006 12:38 PM  

  • I've said it before (in the last post actually)...Ariannah you have a gift for sock knitting. They are beautiful. I love how you made what could be a plain sock very interesting and yet still simple. Well done!

    By Blogger Lesley, at August 16, 2006 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home